We’ve created these tips to help you with your gravel riding. You can even print the tips card out and keep it with your gear.
- Body Positioning - RELAX, center weight, shift forward/backward to maintain traction, keep elbows bent, keep your head up.
- Braking - Use both the front and rear brake to control speed, apply smoothly & gradually, avoid skidding, break BEFORE the turn.
- Cornering - Look ahead and anticipate, look through the corner, lean bike, turn hips (not hands).
- Descending - Maintain momentum, center weight over bike, lower your center of gravity, hands in the drops.
- Climbing - Relax shoulders, open chest, hands on top of bar, keep traction, smooth & steady pedal stroke, anticipate needed gear.
- Washboard - Use arms & legs as suspension, keep knees slightly bent, maintain momentum, stand if needed to maintain control
- Mud & Sand - Lower tire pressure, shift weight back and forth, ride in lower gear with high cadence, look ahead